In case you haven't noticed, I loves me some Urban Decay! I use the Naked Palette almost everyday, and love their 24/7 eyeliner pencils and the cult favourite, eyeshadow Primer Potion. But sadly, they don't ship overseas, and goodness knows when I'll get to visit Sephora Singapore again. Well, actually I'm going home in Nov for a friend's wedding, but anywayyyyy...! The point is! Sometimes a girl just wants things now, or as close to now as possible.
I really really wanted the Urban Decay 15th Anniversary 24/7 Glide On eye pencil set, as well as a single pencil in Yeyo (it wasn't in the set, boo). Ebay prices are always jacked up, and the set was still in stock on the Urban Decay site anyway (this was some months ago).
Enter Parcel It On! I used their Assisted Purchasing service.
- Easy email based system. I just emailed them a list of what I wanted, with links, and they replied with a quote which included item prices, domestic shipping, and their service fee (they also checked item availability at this point). To continue, I just sent them payment via Paypal.
- Fast! I don't think I ever waited for even a day to get a reply from them.
- Email updates on your order status. They sent me emails to let me know when they had placed my order, when they had received my order, and when they had sent it to me.
- 4% service fee. This is great if you have a relatively cheaper order. If you're getting more expensive items, you may want to consider a service that charges a flat fee.
- International shipping options. They offer a few different options for shipping, so you can get insured shipping, and/or sign-on-delivery, if you want. Or tracking too! I went with the cheapest option lol.
- Invoice fee. They charge a 3.9% fee every time they invoice you. This is on top of their service fee, and their mail forwarding fee, and although they don't say so on their site, I believe it is for Paypal charges. And they will invoice you at least twice, once when you place your order, and once for international shipping for your package to you.
- Additional $12US mail forwarding fee. If you have a large order, this won't seem that much, but for a smaller order it can seem a bit excessive.
I was pretty happy with their service. Didn't really have any complaints, they were very efficient and friendly to communicate with. That's all really. The pricing gets a little bit more complicated if you are ordering from different sites, and want to combine international shipping (extra $2.50US for each package), and again if your order needs to be sent in separate packages for whatever reason (extra $10US for each package). You can read more about their charges and additional services (returns, package storage etc) here.
The package, when I received it, came in a fairly sturdy cardboard box.
My items were bubble wrapped. I think they could have used a little more, the set was a little squashed, but I didn't really mind too much.
Eyeliner HEAVEN! This is probably my favourite type of make up product, tied with blushes.
Took it out of its plastic sleeve, hehe! Super excited about Perversion, it's supposed to be even blacker than Zero!
I'm planning to use Yeyo to line the inner eye corner, and possibly the waterline as well. Hopefully it won't fade there, like Zero does.
This is not an advert. I was not contacted by anyone from Parcel It On to try their services, or to write a review. I am not being paid for this. This review is based entirely on my own personal experiences.