May 16, 2011

Easter FotN

So that night I went out dancing! I never expected to love it so much, when I first starting taking salsa classes about.. oh, 2 and a half years ago now? Although lately I've been stuck in a limbo phase, after doing that technique course. Because now I know what I'm doing wrong, all the mistakes and bad habits. In my head while I'm dancing now, I'll be like "Must remember to do this. And do that. Shit! I'm not supposed to do that! Mistake! Mistake! RAWR! /rage". Doesn't make for a very enjoyable night, but hey! Practice makes perfect, right?

So anyway, this is the look I did.

Easter FotN

Since it was night time, I had to take photos in my toilet - the only place with okay lighting in my home. But I hate it! You get all these weird shadows on your face when the light source is coming from above, and it's not a big enough room for me to stand further back. Bah.
Products used:
Face
  • Lioele Beyond the Solution BB cream
  • Mixed loose powders (The Face Shop, Paul & Joe)
  • MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Petticoat (used as blush)
Eyes
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Urban Decay Naked Palette (Inner third of lid - Sin, outer third & along lashlines & crease - Creep)
  • Urban Decay Book of Shadows III (Outer two thirds of lid - Psychedelic Sister)
  • Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eyeshadow Quad 02 Coffee Bean (Highlight - topmost shade, a light beige with soft shimmer)
  • Lioele gel eyeliner
  • Bourjois Paris Volume Glamour Ultra Curl Mascara (black) on the upper lashes
  • Daiso Ever Bilena waterproof mascara (black) on the lower lashes
  • The Face Shop false eyelashes in XO
Brows
  • Daiso eyebrow liner in black
Lips
  • Nothing at this point, because I was going to have my dinner. Heh. I think I just whacked on either lip balm or MAC's Devilishly Stylish lipglass.

Easter FotN

Looking back at the photos, I'm feeling kinda "meh." about this look, I feel like I may have overblended Psychedelic Sister and Creep? But at the time I felt quite self-conscious, I'm not used to doing as heavy an eye look as this.

Some random pics cos I feel weird just posting 2!

Acqua e Vino, Yarraville

This is at a place in Yarraville, called Acqua e Vino. I was there for the boyfriend's gig. He plays drums in a latin band. This was early in the afternoon, I was with them when they went to set up.

Acqua e Vino, Yarraville

Really nice place, it's got an interesting mix of decor styles. European, Oriental, modern, old-timey. Lots of comfy seating. And great floor too! For dancing that is. XD

Acqua e Vino, Yarraville

Aptly named too. lol Look at all those wine bottles!

2 comments:

  1. Looking good, steph! I like how your eyeshadow seems to sparkle. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol you found me! And here I was trying to keep things low key til I handed in my thesis. XD
    Thanks for the comments Celeste!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...