May 10, 2011

My MAC Mineralize collection! + swatches

My MAC Mineralize collection!

MAC's Mineralize line has been around for some time, but it was only recently that I got my hands on some of their products, namely, Skinfinishes and a blush!
From MAC:
Mineralize Skinfinish
A luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish. Smoothes on: adds buffed-up highlights to cheeks and brows, or an overall ultra-deluxe polish to the face.
Mineralize Blush
Baked minerals refined into a powder formula to provide exceptionally sheer and lightweight application. Colour builds lightly, layer after layer, without heavy coverage. Veils and enhances the cheekbones with a luminous, pearlized shimmer.
I'm so so so in love with these, particularly the MSFs because they are so multifunctional! I've been mainly using them as blushes, but I've also tried them as a highlighting powder, and an all-over face powder (with a light hand) for general glow. They can also be used as eyeshadows, depending on the shade, and on the body. I've found them to be super duper pigmented, and a little really does go a long way!
What I have (no particular order):

MAC Mineralize blush Dainty

Mineralize Blush in Dainty (peachy pink)

I like this for everyday sort of looks. It's not as shimmery like some of the others (I'm looking at you, Smooth Merge!), but gives more of a gentle glow.

MAC MSF Smooth Merge

Mineralize Skinfinish in Smooth Merge (darkened pink when blended)

The most glittery of the bunch! Well. It's not glitter glitter, but it is fairly shimmery. This is probably the one that I reach for the least, purely because of the shimmer.

MAC MSF Brunette

Mineralize Skinfinish in Brunette (peachy bronze)

I originally got this thinking that I might be able to use this as a bronzer, or for contouring. I'm not sure it turned out to be the best choice for that because it's bit too peachy on me, but I still like it as a blush. It looks very natural.

MAC MSF Light Flush

Mineralize Skinfinish in Light Flush (muted pale dusty rose with a pinky gold sheen)

This one is really light, it's hard to use it as a blush because I have to really build up the colour. But it's nice as an all-over, or to highlight the cheekbones. The colour reminds me of this dress by Mary Magdalene (but warmer and pinker), one of my favourites, hence the description.

MAC MSF Petticoat

Mineralize Skinfinish in Petticoat (darkened raspberry pink)

Petticoat is easily my favourite, how pretty does it look! The veining was probably what attracted me at first, and never mind about the colour when worn! It deserves another picture~

MAC MSF Petticoat

It almost looks like some gorgeous alien planet... hehe! I definitely use this one the most, it's the perfect shade for me as a blush.
Swatches in indirect sunlight (which photographs quite cool, a quirk with Panasonic cams), and warmer down light in my bathroom. At the top is a swatch of Majolica Majorca Cheek Customize cheek colour in PK333, which is more matte than the MAC products, and is a light pink.

MSF swatches indirect sunlight

MSF swatches warm light

I'd love to get more, I'm definitely a blush sort of gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...