April 29, 2011

Review: Dove Essential Nutrients Protective Moisturising Lotion SPF15

Unless you've been living under a rock, you are probably aware that the royal wedding is going down right now. But what am I doing? Blogging, catching up on my GFC follow list, uploading photos... At least I'm doing something that's kinda British - watching Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone lololol! No offense, but I'm not terribly interested in watching the ceremony. Not even to find out what dress she's wearing, although I will no doubt be bombarded by photos of it in the media during the next few days.

The fact that I also DON'T HAVE A TV RIGHT NOW might also have something to do with it.
Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha hurray for the analog signal being turned off in my area. :( And no, I don't have a digital tv. :(((((((

So instead of that, I did a review post! Yay!

Dove Essential Nutrients lotion

What they say:
Dove Essential Nutrients Protective Moisturising Lotion is a light fresh lotion that is designed to help give your skin what it really needs to stay younger looking and beautiful. With essential nutrients, this lotion will leave your skin nourished and hydrated. At the same time, UVA & UVB filters protect your skin from the sun's harmful rays, helping to prevent premature aging.
The result is beautiful, younger looking skin - so healthy it glows.

Essential Nutrients complex: 5 essential nutrients.

Suitable for normal and combination skin types.

To use: Smooth this light lotion evenly onto your face and neck. Reapply the lotion every two hours or more frequently, if in contact with water or perspiration. Store below 30 degrees C.
Suitable for all skin types.

Dove Essential Nutrients lotion

Okay. I bought this a while back as I'd finished my usual moisturiser, Biotherm Aquasource gel cream for normal/combination skin. I wanted to try this since I'd read a couple positive reviews about it, and I was looking for a cheaper alternative.
I tried it for maybe 3 weeks? before I gave up and switched to the Nivea one that was in my last haul post.
It wasn't terrible, it didn't break me out, and my skin didn't become terribly dry or oily. But I noticed that the texture of my skin felt rougher, thicker, not as soft as it used to be, even though I was exfoliating as per normal. And it wasn't as moisturising as I would have needed it to be.
I also did not like the texture of this lotion, it felt quite thick and heavy, and I felt my skin wasn't able to absorb it very well. It left quite a tacky feeling after application, which lasted for longer than expected.

Dove Essential Nutrients lotion swatch

Maybe it was the texture, but the more I used this, the more I felt like I was applying sunblock and not a moisturiser.

Would I repurchase this? No. And this particular bottle is going into the use-up-as-hand/body-cream pile.

Dove Essential Nutrients lotion ingredients list

Ingredients:
Water, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Triethanolamine, Butyl Methoxydibenzolymethane, Phenylbenzimidazol Sulfonic Acid, Sorbitan Stearate, Myristyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Sucrose Stearate, Stearic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium PCA, Linoleic Acid, Sodium Lactate, PEG-4 Laurate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.

Active ingredients:
Octyle Methoxycinnamate (5.5%), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (2.0%), Octyl Salicylate (3.0%), Phenylbenzimidazol Sulfonic Acid (2.0%

I was also quite bemused/horrified to see that this contains methyl methacrylate (albeit a crosspolymer, so probably a little different to what I'm thinking of). I'm pretty sure that we use it in the lab. D: I won't go into the gory details, but it's an ingredient in our resin recipe that we use to do microvascular casts. That particular technique isn't part of my project, so I could be wrong. /whistles innocently

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...