April 19, 2011

Review: Lioele products

Lioele products

Finally getting round to posting about the Lioele products that I got in my Pretty & Cute order!

I love love love the packaging! So pink and girly! Hahaha... Swatches near the end btw!
About Lioele (from the website):
The Lioele line will change you into a 21st century Cinderella with its large array of fresh spring colored cosmetics that will give you a cute and sexy feeling. With the large variety of products, it will satisfy any needs of the many different customer styles while maintaining an air of individuality for each particular taste.
We will protect your skin while allowing your true beauty to blossom forth like a spring flower at the same time with the many existing products to create a new and lovelier you.

Lioele Gel Eye Liner

First, the Lioele Gel Eyeliner. I'd never used a gel type liner before so I was a bit nervous about getting this.

What they say about it:
This cream gel type of eyeliner is soft and smooth as butter. It presents clear color with sophisticated eyes and last long without running.
As the container includes brush, it helps to do speedy and convenience makeup.

How to use:
Combine brush heading toward upside to container by pulling out the longer side of container. Open the opposite side of container and put adequate amount of contents to draw eye lines following eye. Be cautious to close the cap after the usage to prevent contents hardening.

Amusing Engrish aside, the packaging design is really cool! I've been having a bit of a thing for chrome finishes, so this really appeals to me. The deeper purple tone is also more cool and sophisticated than the hot pink packaging used for the other products.
As you can see, the liner comes in a little pot, with a brush that detaches from and can be reattached to the lid. Personally, I'm not a fan of the brush. As I said, I don't have much experience with gel liners, and I found it a little hard to use this brush because of the shape. I think an angled liner brush would have been easier.
As for the liner itself, I'm not sure I like it. The pigmentation is good, and it doesn't crease much or smudge. But it felt a little gritty, and it set really quickly, not ideal for a noob like me. The grittiness could possibly be because the product was a little old, not as 'fresh', or could be just the surface layer.

Lioele gel eye liner ingredients

Ingredients:
Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polymethyl methacrylate, Polyethylene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica (CI 77019), Polyisobutene, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Zinc Stearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Propylene Carbonate, Buthyl Paraben, Triethoxy Caprylyl Silane, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol
May Contain [+/-]:
Iron oxide Black (CI 77499)
Iron oxide Red (CI 77491)
Iron oxide yellow (CI 77492)

Lioele Blooming Shimmer Pearl Base

Lioele Blooming Shimmer Pearl Base. I don't usually use makeup bases, I generally don't find that there's any difference. But I was curious about this one after reading about it on From Head to Toe.

What they say about it:
Unlike common makeup base that corrects skin tone only, luster and texture can be gorgeously enhanced by the light diffusing color system containing pearl for a radiant look.

How to use:
Softly apply adequate amount on your face.
The packaging is a pump type, so pretty easy to use. The base itself is a light pink with sorta purple/fuchsia shimmer. On its own, it does give a nice sheen, almost irridescence, but very gentle, to the skin. But I tried it under the Lioele BB cream and I didn't really see any difference. But to be fair, I only tried this once, maybe I didn't use enough? I generally use a very light hand the first time I use anything (scared, hee hee hee), so I'll keep trying it out. I didn't really notice a fragrance.

Lioele Shimmer pearl base ingredients

Ingredients:
Water, Cyclomethicone, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Betaine, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Sulfate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Palmitic Acid, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Carmine, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance

Lioele Beyond the Solution BB cream

Lioele Beyond the Solution BB cream. I was probably most excited about the BB cream. Like I said in my haul post, I really wanted something to replace foundation, that's quick to apply, and gives decent coverage.

What they say about it:
Smooth application allows clear absorption for expressing a natural skin tone. Speedy application of makeup is possible since there is no need to apply makeup base of foundation.

How to use:
After last step of skincare, softly apply adequate amount on your face and make it absorbed with tapping.

I got the 30 ml tube because I wasn't sure about the colour match (it also comes in 50 ml and a mini size version that I just saw). I really like this, the finish is quite matte, and it blends well. A little goes quite a long way. Once, I used a little too much, and there was definitely a whitish cast, so you really don't want a heavy hand in application. I found that the coverage is a little on the sheer side, I have some hyperpigmentation from old acne scars, and this didn't quite cover them up completely. I wasn't too bothered though. I also didn't really need to set with powder, but my skin is a little on the dry side, so those with oilier skin may still need to do that. What I liked best about this was its staying power. I had a cold for the last week, and I found that this didn't rub off onto the tissues I used to blow my nose. Serious! How good is that! This wouldn't be possible with the foundation that I normally use (Paul & Joe).
Colour wise, I felt it was a touch lighter than my skin tone, but not by much. It seemed to have a slight whitish cast initially, but this went away after a while.

Lioele Beyond the Solution BB cream ingredients

Ingredients:
Water, Cyclomethicone, Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Talc, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Sorbitan Olivate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil, Squalane, Betaine, Magnesium Sulfate, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglutamic Acid, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Bisabolol, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Allantoin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Fragrance.

The liner was US$18.50, the base $20.40, and the BB cream was US$12. But I had a 10% off code from From Head to Toe (you can go there to grab the code, it's in the sidebar somewhere), so it was slightly cheaper. Yay for discounts!

Swatches! The second photo was taken roughly 20 minutes after the first. Oops, forgot to label! But I think you can tell what's what, right? ;)

Swatch
Swatch

Size comparison

Size comparison against a MAC lipstick and Shu Uemura eyelash curler. I included this because I was surprised by how small the liner and the base were. After seeing photos on From Head to Toe, I imagined them to be a bit bigger. 

Omake~!

Omake~!

Lol! I saw the bunny at my local Asian grocer, it had little individual serves of jelly pudding in mango, orange and strawberry flavour. I couldn't resist! It's so pink and cute. I thought it matched the Lioele colour scheme really well, hence the photo.

Phew! Long post! I've switched to trialling the Skin79 BB cream (gold type), so look out for a review on that soon too!

And now it's time for bed. Heh. ;)

3 comments:

  1. The eye gel packaging looks amazing!
    You can try wetting an angled liner brush before using the gel liner next time to get it running more smoothly so you can get more precise lines.

    I find liquid liners works best for me though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm! That sounds like a good idea. I'll try it next time, thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your review. products are sooooo pretty. do you have any idea how one can know if its authentic or not?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...