February 21, 2011

Ebay madness!

I've recently starting using Ebay again. It's been some years since I stopped, way before Paypal was the norm, which I actually like now since it's a familiar system to me. And it feels safer since I'm not handing out credit card or bank account details.
I got back into it since I was on the hunt for products from the MAC Mineralize lines, specifically Skinfinishes and blushes. >_< They are so so pretty! I know, I'm so late in getting on the bandwagon for this, although in my defence I've been living in a makeup blackhole for the past 4-5 years lol. I'd just stuck to the products that I'd been using and haven't been bothered with trying anything new or experimenting with/learning about so-called makeup techniques (by which I mean techniques for applying eyeshadow and blush etc, because I am totally clueless when it comes to makeup! I've never really used eyeshadow til recently, just used eyeliner, and smudged it with my finger when I wanted a smokey eye. That's all, I'm serious!). But that's all changing now. I've gotten quite bored, and frustrated really, I see so many girls with amazing makeup, especially the eyes, and I wanna do it too!
So to that end, I've been reading a lot of beauty blogs recently, and as a result of that I've become just slightly obsessed with the MAC Mineralize products (only slightly, really, I promise!). I've just received a Skinfinish in Light Flush which I got for an amaaaazing price of just 26AUD including shipping (from a local seller, so yay for cheaper shipping!). It's so so pretty! I love the gold veining! I tried it on using a powder brush with a fairly light hand on my bare face, it's not very noticeable, but I can see a faint pinkish/gold sheen. It does seem to slightly brighten and even out my complexion so I was very pleased!
I'm getting a few more soon, through Ebay of course, I'm just waiting for a confirmation on combined postage. Definitely need to hold myself back though, it's so easy to go overboard and just keep buying! I'll have to keep reminding myself that I must save some money to do those two courses next month: ladies salsa footwork and kimono-making, can't wait! And maybe next term, a spinning course? I need to level up on the dancefloor!
And also just an update on the previous post, I managed to find UD's Naked Palette on Ebay combined with their Book of Shadows Vol. III. Shipping was killer, since the seller was in the UK but at least I'm avoiding shopping service fees. Or so I keep telling myself. And the Naked Palette is sold out on the UD site anyway.

I'll definitely try and take some pictures of my haul! It's been a while since I've done product pics, I kinda miss it. :)

P.S. Really geeky, but seeing the abbreviation "UD" doesn't make me think of Urban Decay, it actually makes me think of Undead. lol I play Warcraft, don't judge me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...